New Location

You can find all the old content and new stuff too at worldplatterblog.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Passover is Almost Here


I know the vast majority of you out there are not Jewish and therefore don't care about Passover as a holiday. But, believe me, there is some really good food served on Passover. I'm going to try to get recipes out for a number of my all-time favorite Passover recipes real soon. For now, you'll have to be satisfied with my menu and a link to my Southwestern Matzoh Ball Soup which I posted a couple of Passover's ago.

Passover Dinner 2013
  • Spinach-Matzoh Pie, a recipe from my mother-in-law. It's a Sephardic dish.
  • Southwestern Matzoh Ball Soup, recipe originally from rec.food.cooking.
  • Barry Wine's Stringed Beef Brisket served with a Spicy Roasted Tomato Sauce, from Joan Nathan's The Jewish Holiday Kitchen)
  • Matzah "Salad,"  The Jewish Holiday Kitchen
  • Moroccan Coconut-Sabra Torte, The Jewish Holiday Kitchen served with a spiced blood orange sorbet from The Ultimate Ice Cream Book by Bruce Weinstein
That's what I'm making. Some of my guests are bringing side dishes. I still have to pick out a charoset recipe. I've made a few and I'm still searching for the perfect one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers